Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Atsushi's very Moisty tunes 
                                    
                              ATSUSHI’s VERY MOISTY TUNES
From someone who was just a “talent” for a story, Atsushi ( in Tiger suit,mid air) has become a rare friend to have endless discussions on rocksteady with.
I can’t quite think of anyone I know of, who’s more passionate about ska and rocksteady from 1960’s Jamaica, than Atsushi Ukito. His passion combined with his very Japanese nature, makes for this great combination of encylopedic knowldege, skill and near-obsession. He will do anything to perform with the Skatellites. And at the rate he’s going I think he might just, one of these days. And if not him, it could well be one of his proteges. He’s training up a nice bunch of 10 year-olds in Auckland: The Mini-Moisties. Ska for kids. And why not.
Check the story  http://www.youtube.com/asiadownunder#p/u/174/2i2Gm981SBg
and more on his sounds at Atsushi and the Moisties   http://www.myspace.com/moistiesska

                 From someone who was just a “talent” for a story, Atsushi ( in Tiger suit,mid air) has become a rare friend to have endless discussions on rocksteady with.
I can’t quite think of anyone I know of, who’s more passionate about ska and rocksteady from 1960’s Jamaica, than Atsushi Ukito. His passion combined with his very Japanese nature, makes for this great combination of encylopedic knowldege, skill and near-obsession. He will do anything to perform with the Skatellites. And at the rate he’s going I think he might just, one of these days. And if not him, it could well be one of his proteges. He’s training up a nice bunch of 10 year-olds in Auckland: The Mini-Moisties. Ska for kids. And why not.
and more on his sounds at Atsushi and the Moisties   http://www.myspace.com/moistiesska

No comments:

Post a Comment