Tuesday, 5 April 2011




Joseph Churchward at Wellington’s Te Papa Museum-where nearly 500 of his typefaces are archived, for posterity. 
Joseph Churchward at Wellington’s Te Papa Museum-where nearly 500 of his typefaces are archived, for posterity. 



            PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORLD’s MOST PROLIFIC TYPOGRAPHERS
Joseph Churchward had just been awarded a Queens Service Medal in Wellington in 2010, when I met him for an interview. Later, when the camera wasn’t rolling, he said along with his typical chuckle, that he’d actually hoped for Knighthood. What’s in a title anyhow, and glad I got to meet this octogenarian legend.
Check him here http://www.youtube.com/user/AsiaDownunder#p/u/65/PiNwtFKy4fw

            PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORLD’s MOST PROLIFIC TYPOGRAPHERS
Joseph Churchward had just been awarded a Queens Service Medal in Wellington in 2010, when I met him for an interview. Later, when the camera wasn’t rolling, he said along with his typical chuckle, that he’d actually hoped for Knighthood. What’s in a title anyhow, and glad I got to meet this octogenarian legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment